Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This and That!

I'm sittin here at 10:43am and still haven't started doing what I need to be doing today (laundry!) and it's all Kellie and V's fault....lol, cause I've been reading their blogs! I took a few days off from blog world and had to catch up!

Actually, I have been scrappin some and here's what I've come up with:




Can you guess who my inspiration usually is? Yup, my little Mo! Love her little heart. I have been cooking lately (which is strange for me..cause ask my hubby who cooks in the house and if you mention my name he literally *gigglesnorts*. Well, not really but he does laugh!)


Sunday afternoon, I made yummy, yummy White Bean Chili. It's sooo good and isn't really bad for you. I originally found the recipe in a "Weight Watchers" magazine about 10 or so years ago. The original recipe called for "browned ground turkey" but I don't like ground turkey much...so I improvised and put in boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead. It is gooooood! Here's the recipe (it takes about three hours to make, but it is soooo worth it!)


White Bean Chili
3/4 cup dried Great Northern Beans
2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans chicken broth
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed into small pieces
1 cup whole-kernel corn
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cumin (I personally don't add this, because it has plenty of flavor without!)
1 (4.5 oz.) can green chilies
2 Tbsp. yellow cornmeal.
Sort and wash beans; place in a large pot. Cover with water 2 inches above beans. Bring to a boil; boil 2 mintes. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand one hour. Drain beans and return to pot. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer one hour or until tender. Remove 1/4 cup of beans with a slotted spoon and mash with a fork. Return mashed beans to pan and set aside. (This step is a thickener.) Add EVOO to pan and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, green onion and garlic; saute until tender. Add chicken to onion/garlic mixture and cook until brown stirring frequently. Add chicken mixture, corn, and spices to bean mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, uncovered. Sprinkle cornmeal over chili; cook until thick stirring frequently.
Yields: 4 (1 1/2 cup) servings
Enjoy!















2 comments:

Shannon said...

Your layouts look cute! They are a little hard to see (because they are little and I can't make them big but maybe you want it that way!) but I can still see that they are cute.

Anonymous said...

Laundry?! lol! It's almost 8 p.m. here and I've just started (but it was a loooong day)!

Love the LO's - see, you're getting SOMETHING done! :) Love the picture in Baby Blue - what a cutie!